While we don't have a cabin or lake to go to, we have managed to already find some places to keep cool and enjoy the nice weather. On Thursday, Luke and I met an old co-worker, Eleni and her daughter, Summer, at Como Zoo for a few hours. Summer is 5 so she was much more interested in the animals than Luke was but Luke liked the stroller ride and being outside. This was his third time at Como after all, so maybe he already knew everything about the animals! :) We had a great time and after watching Summer enjoy the rides at Como Town, I'm anxious for Luke to be 36 inches tall! The one with the fire trucks that you shoot water at the building while going in circles better be a favorite of Luke's, it's mine already!
With our minuscule grass patch our association calls a "yard", I have decided already that I will be occupying other people's true yards this summer, i.e. my parent's, the Talbot's and the Adams' pool on Fridays with the girls (and Jack and Luke of course). I tend to migrate to my parent's porch almost daily as it is a really comfortable place to be outside with a breeze but out of the sun for Luke. I expect this summer to be a pale one since he shouldn't be in the sun. Maybe I'll have to find one of those hats with an umbrella on it for Luke to wear to keep him out of the sun! Thankfully, my aunt Connie lent my mom an Exer Saucer for Luke to use at her house so he can play. Once Kelene's new little boy arrives, it will go back to the Adams' house! And by then, I'm sure there will be plenty other toys to pass back and forth to share.
I stopped by the Talbot's house today and much to my surprise, they have their pool opened already and swim-ready! Unfortunately, we did not have our suits, but that didn't stop us from getting our feet and legs wet! Here is Luke getting in the pool for the first time, but more certainly not the last time! :)
Oh, and those are the ever-powerful synchro legs of my cousin, Meghan. See A Few Thoughts. In fact, Meghan had her state meet on Thursday and Friday and got 4th place for her duet and trio, 2nd in her team, and Stillwater placed 2nd overall! She did awesome!!
Luke wasn't digging the hat but he LOVED kicking his legs and splashing in the water. He kept trying to sit down to play too. Meghan, also known as Luke's personal swim instructor, said she has only had one or two other babies in her Water Babies swim classes like the water as much as Luke did. WHEW! We can only hope now he takes after my awesome swimming skills instead of Jamie's doggy paddling skills. Jamie's better standing on logs in the water. I'm pretty sure we'll be stopping by (or secreting living in the Talbot's basement) real soon with some Little Swimmer's swimming diapers, swim trunks, SPF 200 and our camera! For the record, I did warn you, Peggy! :)
While it looks like we both just woke up from a nap, only Luke did. Meghan needs to look through the camera screen first! ;) Just kidding, Meghan.
Tomorrow is a big day. Luke is FINALLY getting baptized!!!!! We have our linens pressed and ready to be spit up on, but hopefully not. It should be a really nice service. We are baptizing him at St. Michael's under the beautiful wooden baptismal fountain. Fr. Valit is baptizing him with Abbey, Jamie's sister being his Godmother and my brother Steve as his Godfather. I never realized how fun it was to say in a Darth Vader voice, "Luuuuuke, Steve is your Gooooodfaaaatherrrr" until I asked him to be it. We will hopefully have some nice pictures of that event to post too.
But before the big baptism, we are going to watch our friend, Pete Hoyem, run the Stillwater Marathon tomorrow morning as the defending champion from last year. Pete coaches track with Jamie and is a math teacher at Stillwater High School. While I am confident I will never run a full marathon, running the half marathon in Carlsbad, CA 2 1/2 years ago was tough enough for me, I know how great it is to have people cheer for you as you are running and pushing your body to the limits - thankfully everyone's limits are different and mine are much shorter than Pete's!
We hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend and remember to say a little prayer in thanks for all that the service men and women have done for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment