09 May 2010

First Mother's Day

As any new mom would expect, my first Mother's Day was wonderful. It started out a little earlier than expected, 5:30am to be exact, with Luke waking up. We go to 7:30 mass on Sunday mornings with Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien and the Talbot's but we normally don't need to get up that early. I guess Luke was sick of sitting in the back of the church with the men (and my dad) and wanted to get there on time to be up front. Well, we made it with plenty of time to spare with his early awakening. We said our quiet hellos to the usual folks who oddly enough watch Luke grow up; Ed Kiolbasa, Sarah Ann Peltier, Lucille Feely and other familiar faces. Luke fell asleep during mass at his usual time as well, the Gospel. I failed to mention that part to Father at breakfast shortly there after. I didn't think that would be a good ice breaker considering we still need to baptize him. But let's not get started on that. He will be baptized and hopefully VERY soon. :)

We hit up Joseph's like usual and saw all my favorite waitresses. I really miss Joseph's, not the serving part especially but the girls are so great to work with. Okay, I miss the pancakes too that I somehow managed to get my hands on in high volume while pregnant. Give me a break, Luke was hungry!!

After a few errands and getting lots of watermelon and fruit cut up for the parties today, we went to Jamie's parent's house. It was great seeing all the happy mom's on such a beautiful day. Luke managed to sleep through most of the party since I stuffed him full of rice cereal shortly before getting there. After the Fischer's, we went to my brother and sister-in-law's house for another dinner. It's a good thing the Fischer's get-together was at lunch time, two dinners is always tough when we eat the first meal like we aren't going to have access to food for at least 14 hours.

All in all it was a great day spent with family and Luke. Oh, I forgot to mention. Jamie gave me a very unconventional Mother's Day gift. I don't have it yet but let's just say it's swimming at the fish store still. He bought me a Blonde Naso Tang for our fish tank! We have a 55 gallon fish tank set up with salt water and really enjoy it. Thankfully that is the only tank in the house now (used to have a 125 gallon and a 20 gallon too). We had a "father nature" disaster (Jamie messed up and killed everything) and now we are slowly acquiring new fish to watch. Yes, I can hear you now. Fish. BORING. Well, I would agree to some extent but some fish really do seem to have a personality and the Blonde Naso Tangs in particular do, plus they're so cute! Oh, and Luke likes staring at the tank, it calms him down, so we're keeping it.

So from my understanding, we will be getting this new fish in a week or so! Currently in the tank, we have one clown fish (Nemo, the fish that won't die-it's survived more than one would imagine), a yellow tang and a blue hippo tang (Dori). We technically had two clown fish but let's just say, the one we found yesterday next to the tank on the floor looked like someone put it in a food dehydrator. The poor bastard jumped out and got crispy.

With my first Mother's Day coming to an end, Jamie and I Red Boxed, yes, I turned that into a verb, The Blind Side and are going to watch that. I saw it in the theater with my mom and really liked it, so we're giving that a spin. I hope all moms to-be, grandmas, and great-grandmas had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment