While I was thinking about what would be a clever topic to write about, I decided I would rather just write about people and things that brings light to my day.
My cousin, Meghan. She is a junior in high school which I still cannot not believe and is an absolutely all-star. She is extremely intelligent, caring, genuine and a great athlete like her mother. Meghan is in synchronized swimming and has been since she was a little girl and competed in sections this weekend. While I know from personal experience, many people do not believe that synchro is a sport, but let's see you jump in a pool, hold your breath for over 30 seconds at a time, multiple times, during a 4 minute song while hanging upside down with your legs gracefully twisting and pointing in the air all while supported by your arms moving back and forth. Anyway, Meghan placed first in her team and trio, second in her duet and fourth in figures!!! That is so cool! I am very proud of her with all the hard work she has put into it.
Green grass. I haven't decided if my new love for vibrant green grass is because the lack-there-of in my 5x10 foot yard or if I truly love freshly cut, can still see the lines from the mower, bright Ireland emerald green grass. I take care of my aunt and uncle's home while they enjoy rocks and their green golf course in AZ during the winter and I mowed with their riding mower a few weeks ago and fell in love. While my lines are a work in progress, I did improve from the first mowing on the second and enjoyed the simplicity of solitude in the outdoors. It didn't hurt it was 75 and sunny too.
Puppies. While this is a given, they are awesome! My puppies technically aren't puppies anymore as they are 4 1/2 years old, but they still look like it. I can be gone for 1 minute to run and get the mail or 8 hours during the day, and I get the same, "OH MY GOSH YOU'RE HOME. YIPPEE!! YIPPEE!! BARK BARK BARK. I MISSED YOU SO MUCH" greeting every time. Talk about unconditional love. They forget within minutes if you scolded them to stop licking Luke and they just want your love. What more could one ask for?!?
Naps and puppies all in one.
Naps. This may not be something I am exactly passionate about, I do enjoy them and think they should become part of our daily routine. Ten minutes or 2 1/2 hours, I think they are all great. I am trying to take more as Luke does because...why not?!? So, since he has been sleeping for 30 minutes already, I'm going to join him and find myself a nice spot on the couch. How much do you want to bet he will wake up within three minutes of me falling asleep??
Happy Sunday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment