So here I am. Sitting at my computer with my little drool monster sitting on my lap watching me type. I have no idea how long he will last staring at the screen, but I hope for a few more sentences. Drool. Now that is something I would rather not talk about but frankly, I am so amazed how one child can allow so much liquid to fall from his mouth while not seeming to have a care in the world about it. I personally would hate it if my shirt was soaked from my own slobber but maybe that is something we learn to hate as we get older.
Here are a few photos from last night. Luke was soooo smiley and giggly! And the one with Jack and Dino cracks me up, look at Luke's face!
As I was saying, I have it made. Going back in time, being laid off two years ago was a big slap in the face to me- as many of you know what it feels like. At the time, I couldn't believe that the company where I put so much into let me go. While of course it was for "financial reasons", I'm sure it was much more than that but it is water under the bridge now. I am SO happy to not be there anymore. I would hate to leave Luke at daycare and miss watching him grown up. So with my BA in Marketing with a minor in Psychology, I feel like I am the luckiest mom in the world to stay at home with him. I am able to spend every day (and night of course) with my little man. I serve the widest assortment of people (those who complain that spending $18 on the most delicious dinner they will ever try and those willing to throw back a lobster and filet for $75) their dinner and drinks 3 or 4 nights a week while only missing a few waking hours of Luke's day. I would not give anything to go back to work full-time and miss the giggles, diapers, smiles, drool and everything else baby. Even with Jamie traveling now and barely ever home, it is not as hard as I thought it would be. Luke sleeps through the night with the occasional cries from kicking off his blanket and twisting around in his crib and is the best baby 99% of the time during the day. As the weather warms up, we can go on walks more too. And on a different note...
We have had three showings on our town home in the last 10 days! Unfortunately none of them are repeats but at least it's being seen. The funny thing is, my grandma gave us a St. Joseph statue mid-December after having our house on the market since May 2009. The story of St. Joseph, if you don't know, is that you are supposed to place the statue in the ground and your house will sell. Well it hasn't sold yet, but we're on our way and I am still praying to St. Joseph.
The day I delivered Luke (the 18th) we got our first call. I did not put the statue in the ground as it was frozen but it was in our back hall hanging on the coat rack. That's close enough to being buried right under all my jackets?? Then nothing for a few months. Two weekends ago, I buried it and we got a call. Then another call and now the showing we had today. I am trying not to give my hopes up but one of these times I hope we get an offer.
While I love having a clean house and things picked up, it is near impossible to keep it in "showing" condition all the time. Plus our storage is so limited to put things away all the time, storing in our cars gets real old. Thankfully Jamie's mom and my mom came over before the showing a couple of weeks ago and we really cleaned the place up so maintenance is more what I'm doing now. :) So with all that being said, send positive house-selling-thoughts our way! We are ready to move onto the next place with a yard larger than our dining room table for the dogs and Luke!
Time to bring Luke to Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien's house while I go to work for a few hours! Have a great night. Oh! If you haven't seen the show Modern Family on ABC yet, check it out tonight. I absolutely love it. I think it's on at 8 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment