02 June 2010

Part 2

Two baths in one day and it isn't even from getting dirty?? How did I manage to do that? Well I suppose it's because I needed my usual tub cleaning but then it was my baptism! I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:15am just for mom. We got ready and headed to 7:30 Mass and somehow managed to be late so we sat in the back with the guys. Mel the fisherman kept smiling and waving at me, I liked it. I wonder if his hands always smell of fish? Hmmm, maybe next time I'll try to lure him in with some smiles for a wiff. Anyway, after Mass, mom and I went to a friend of hers house to watch the marathoners. While I thought it was boring, she really liked cheering the runners on. We watched the 20 milers and the full marathoners before heading to Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien's house for a hello. We didn't have too much time before my second bath but mom wanted to catch the ending for the half marathoners since it was in front of their house. Mom said that she ran a half marathon with Tonia in January of 2008, which was WAY before my time. Maybe she'll find a race for us to run together sometime, you know, so she can push me in the stroller and she can run. I can't run yet, silly!

My baptism was really nice. I was the only little babe getting baptized by Fr. Valit and while I had no idea what was going on, mom let me turn around so I could look at all my family sitting in the pews while Fr. spoke and I'm pretty sure I kept them well entertained. They put a beautiful white apron-like thing over me and blessed me then mom held me over the big tub, or baptismal fountain I suppose it's called, and Fr. pour water over my head. It wasn't exactly warm water like my bath earlier so I squirmed, but didn't cry cause I'm a big boy-at least that's what Grandpa O'Brien always says! "How big is Luke? SOOO big." It didn't last long but then he put some manly smelling oil on my head and I was all baptized! Great-Grandma O'Brien was all smiles!


We went for a very informal lunch at Jimmy John's after and everyone had some subs while I chilled in my car seat. I think I will speak up next time and pick some place fun for me too. We had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien's house and I watched mom and dad play croquet before the rain had to post-pone their game for a while. Great-Grandma O'Brien fed me my rice cereal though and that was pretty cool. She loves spending time with me and watching me grow. She says I change every time I see her, but I think that's weird cause she doesn't change every time.

On Monday, we went back to my new favorite place to spend warm days, the Talbot's pool!!! This time I brought my swim suit and my little swimmers diapers so I could actually get in the water.


They bought a really cool ducky that kicks the water just like me!


And you're right, those aren't mom's strong arms, those are Meghan's, my personal swim coach. Mom wanted to take the pictures so Meghan's showing me around, she did great!

After swimming, I was happiest sitting with dad and showing off my white, squishy belly for everyone!






That's all from me for now. It's time for bed. Good night and sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Love,
Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment