Today, Luke turned 6 months old! I know every parent says this and probably because it's true - time flies with kids (or kid in my case)!! I cannot believe Luke is 6 months already! He has been such an amazing, joyful, happy, easy, pleasant, cute, fun, playful, smiley, chunky, squishy, soft, lovable, kissable, sweet baby, I can't imagine life any other way. I love kids, but I never would have believed that ours would be this awesome. Yes, our baby is awesome. Frankly, I could probably end this post with that, but I'll talk more. :)
Jamie is getting a dually truck for his work and hauling logs around, so I am taking over his Durango. Unfortunately that means I am selling my fun Malibu. I think it's partly fun because it's name sounds fun. If it were named Duluth, blah, not fun. I posted it on craigslist.com last night and within 20 minutes, I already had a serious buyer who is looking at it on Sunday and have another interested person too. I'm a little nervous because I don't know how private party car sales work and don't want to get screwed, so I'll have to call up Steve or my dad to be there with me this weekend since Jamie is in Kansas. I hope they don't mind! Plus, I'm not setting myself up for getting abducted with Luke in the car if they want a test drive. No thank you. So where I was going with this.... this morning we spent outside cleaning out the car while Luke watched the birds and played in his exer-saucer. When he started to fuss, I just turned the vacuum on and he was amused. He loves being outside and thankfully, didn't cry while I vacuumed and cleaned everything out. It's nuts how much stuff you accumulate in your car. I found Q-tips (??), old paycheck stubs, black boots, Trivial Pursuit (yes Peggy, Jim, Carolyn, Maureen, and Meghan, it's still was in my trunk even after we played it last summer at the Talbot's), french fries (definitely from pregnancy since I frequented McDonald's multiple times a week), Christmas CDs (my favorite Jew, Neil Diamond's, Christmas album), and very expired coupons. At this point too, even if it doesn't sell for a few days, I'm definitely going to enjoy my spic and span clean car!
After cleaning and some boring errands that Luke napped through, we hit up Connie and Mike's pool. Wow was it warm and nice! I think it was the same temperature as Luke's baths! He LOVED it and we stayed in the pool for close to an hour. He splashed himself, kicked around and was very content. I love how calm and easy going he is. It certainly makes my life easier!
Since I had to work tonight and Grandma O'Brien is watching Luke tomorrow while I work (Grandma Fischer is in Kansas with Jamie), Meghan babysat! I was nervous just because it was someone new watching Luke but since Meghan is probably more responsible than me, I got over it quickly. When I came home from work, I was pleased to see our house had not burned down. Just kidding! Luke was sleeping and Meghan was watching a movie. Perfect! Just how it should be when you come home to a babysitter! I babysat for years, including babysitting Meghan, and that's one of the best parts (yes, I know, play with the kids is the BEST part!), sitting on the couch watching TV after you successfully put the kid(s) to bed. Meghan did an awesome job (Luke will give me the full run-down tomorrow so I'll post something if he says different) and she said it was a lot of fun. Haha okay! She said he was happy and giggly and only cried once. Sounds successful to me! We will definitely have Meghan back soon to babysit.
Here are a few photos from the last few days. Have a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers, Grandfathers and Great-Grandfathers!! Especially you, Jamie! Happy 1st Father's Day!!! xoxo
Taking a nap at Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien's house in Mom's old crib with her old friend, Floppy the bunny.
He loves playing with his feet and this time showing off his flexibility to Great-Grandma O'Brien.
Chewing on Sophie the Giraffe. Unfortunately, I suspect Sophie will have a short life in our household. They designed her to squeak just like a dog toy and smells like rubber just like a dog toy. I should have just bought Luke a dog toy instead of this "amazing teething toy".
No comments:
Post a Comment