22 July 2010

Scootin' Machine

Jamie left yesterday for Blue Earth, MN for a show so Luke and I had a quiet day today. We would have probably had a quiet day regardless if Jamie was home or not since he's been crazy busy this summer but that's besides the point. We did our traditional errands, bank-deposit my cash from working, I always wonder what they think of me and the cash since I never get a paycheck cause of taxes from credit cards; post office-return the Netflix, and Target). Luke really likes being free from his car seat and chillin' in the cart. Frankly, I am so sick of carrying the car seat that I will deal with the extra 2 minutes to get him in and out of the car seat. Plus, I'm a little tired of people offering to help while watching me lift the car seat up to put it in the cart. Do I look like I'm struggling that much??


Yes, I was that mom taking pictures of her baby in the cart at Target.

We stopped at my grandparent's house today to catch up with them. As I pulled up, it looked like they were getting ready for the President (wait, he's a Democrat), never mind, General Petraeus to arrive at their house. They had five men grooming, trimming, shaping, blowing and cleaning up their yard with all of their hands full of chain saws, trimmers, and blowers. My grandma said she called Lawn Green to schedule a time to come trim the bushes and the soonest they could arrive is in a few weeks cause they have some "big jobs". Grandma said that wouldn't work well because she was hoping to have the lawn groomed in time for the parade on Sunday. No, General Petraeus is not coming to Stillwater, just the city Lumberjack Day's parade that strolls past their house. Well, low and behold, five men showed up and made their shrubs and bushes look like Edward Scissorhands had something to do with it. It looks great! My grandpa said at least six times, "They've been coming here for close to 20 years. They do great work. The only tool they used to have was a shovel!" And again...and again. Good thing he is pleased with their work! And don't worry about the men working in the high humidity and heat today. Grandma brought them an ice cold beer after.


Future Gopher!


He can't crawl yet, but he has learned to scoot, backwards. That took him under the table.


He's cute even under a table!


And he figured out to keep scooting backwards from out under the table! I like how he looks behind like he's backing up a car.



So sleeeeeeeepy.


And finally, a Snickers ice cream bar. mmmmmmmmmm so delicious! I reluctantly bought a box at the grocery store the other day and am now kicking and hugging myself for that behavior. I really just wish I was pregnant again so I could eat three or four of them and blame the extra two pounds of the baby. It worked with my McDonald's obsession last fall. Just look at the gooey caramel, sweet chocolate and salty peanuts. This is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment