No, we are not moving, I'm not going to some rural county with Jamie for a show and no, I didn't win a vacation. Well, I guess I kind of did. Anyway...we are going up to Hayward just for a day, but it's better than not at all! I am really excited to go and get away for a little bit (with little being the key word). Jamie is doing a show this weekend in Blue Earth, such a weird name for a town, but has Saturday off so we are going to watch the Lumberjack World Championships for the day. Since I planned on being up there the whole weekend, I took Friday night off, so I will pack all of Luke's things that night so we are ready first thing in the morning. I'm so excited!!!! Plus, I really just need to get away from my daily life and go do something fun. Don't get me wrong, Luke and I have a great time going on walks, to the park, to Target, visiting people, going swimming, etc, but I am very excited to get away and free my mind, even if it's for a day. And, it's Luke's first, but certainly not last, Lumberjack World Championships!! Next year we'll be cheering on Daddy!!
Well I suppose I should note that Luke turned 7 months old on Sunday! I cannot believe how fast time goes with him. Before I know it, we will be deciding on what to eat for his first birthday!! I love every minute that we spend together whether we are cuddling, trying new food and watching his funny faces, or dancing together in the living room, he's an awesome baby and I couldn't ask for a better little man.
Here are a few photos from this past week.
Two of Jamie's preschoolers (the girls) moved to Holland last year so we had a play date with them at Washington Park on Monday. It was really cute how excited they were to see Mr. Jamie. Paige (one in white shirt) even picked out a pair of tiny glass shoes in the traditional blue painted pattern as a gift for him. Our nephew, Braden, is in the yellow, and Luke is staring at the sand. As a clean freak that I am, I watched him the whole time to make sure he didn't eat it and had my wipes ready to clean him up after. I know, I know, he's a boy and will get dirty but my plan is to keep him as clean as long as I can! :)
He loves bath time and his yellow duck bath tub he gets to sit in.
We hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
Jill, Jamie and Luke
You got the inflatable ducky tub? Kevin so wanted to register for that! Feel free to call me if you're in need of a change of pace during the week, we could walk together or have the dogs play and run around in the yard and we could just chat!
ReplyDeleteThe ducky tub is my cousin's and Luke loves it! He started using it around 6 months when he would try to sit up in the tub that reclined back.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a good time, expect a call within the next week! :)
Love, love, love your new blog design! Reza, Aryana and I were just in MN (and got to hang out with Tonia, Steve and your mom for a bit!) and am finally catching up on blog reading. Nice job! Luke just keeps getting cuter and cuter by the day! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa! I have been following Aryana and she is the same, keeps getting cuter and cuter! Funny how our kids do that :) I loved the Aryanaisms. Very funny!
ReplyDelete