20 October 2010

Falling into Fall

We have finally set into typical fall weather - sunny, windy, and in the 60s. Recently with the 80 degrees, it has thrown me off thinking we're still in September but now it definitely feels like fall. I am ready for it too. Ready for sweaters. Ready for jeans. Ready for socks. And my new down vest! Luke also is ready to sport his cute new jackets. (At least I am ready for him to sport them!) We have been busy going to parks, buying our pumpkins, mom and dad busy working, preventing Luke from trying to swim in the dog water dishes, and sending toys down the air duct vents. He has taken one step here and there to get to the couch or my hands, but still not walking without holding onto things. And that's okay. He is already crawling and getting into everything, walking will just make him get to his destination quicker with more bumps and bruises along the way!
Jamie is off to Florida tomorrow morning for his last show of the season! I am really excited to have him around more so we can spend time together as a family. He has worked so much and really hard since April and not traveling will be much easier on all of us. Jamie may think differently and wished he traveled in the winter too once he is home for a few weeks! :) I, on the other hand, need to survive this weekend. My mom is in Arizona with her friend, Barb, this week and spending next week with her sister, Connie. She is my savior when I just need a little break and to have someone else watch his every move for five minutes. Luckily I work both Friday and Saturday night so I will get a break then. I sure appreciate my mom!! I hope she comes back home and doesn't decide it's nicer in AZ without my dropping by the house every other day! :)

Here are some recent photos of our activities.





He managed to get stuck under the chairs...


But figured out how to get out!



Playing in the leaves at my parent's house.




At the pumpkin patch!




Jamie showing off his chicken knowledge to Luke.





He couldn't crack a smile but he was happy just exploring the big pumpkins.

Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment